Friday, May 17, 2013

The PINspired Wedding

When Ben and I were planning our wedding last year, we had two options for our wedding date. Literally. Two options: August 25th and December 8th. We ultimately went with August for many reasons, and I am SO glad that we did because we had the PERFECT day, but I often wonder what that winter wedding would have looked like. So in honor of Wedding Week, I want to share with you my PINspired wedding, or what I WOULD have planned if we had picked the December date. I will use pictures from Pinterest (hence the name of the post!) and other sources as well. I hope you can see what it would have looked like (just like I see in my head), and maybe use some of my ideas for your own wedding!


The Date: December 8th, 2012
Wedding Location: Christ Church in Montgomery
Front of the church.
Inside of the church looking out. 
The front of the church. 
Reception Location: the main lobby at Alabama Shakespeare Festival
The grounds of Alabama Shakespeare Festival. 
This is the best picture I could find of the lobby. Please excuse the tables and the cheap plastic chairs. Just envision the space with the pretty carpet and brick!
Another picture of the lobby. See the Bard in the background. I would totally take pictures with him :)
Another random picture. I couldn't find any pictures of the space empty, but hopefully you can use your imagination of what it would look like!
Theme: Black Tie Christmas
Colors: Black, Hunter Green, Red, and Gold
Bride’s dress:
via
If we're dreaming, I'm wearing a Lazaro. I think this dress is soooo dreamy!! My one regret from my wedding was not at least trying on a ball gown. I definitely dont regret my dress, but at least trying on a ball gown would have been fun!

Groom and Groomsmen Ensemble:
The guys would all wear a sleek and elegant black tux like this. With shiny shoes, of course!
The guys would wear this under their tuxes. 

Bridesmaids dresses:
I couldn't settle on one look for the Bridesmaids in this fictitious wedding. So I came up with 3 different ideas.
The first would be a satiny full length dress that is conservative and classy.
via

The second option is a structural option in a duponi silk.
via

The third (and my current favorite) option has all girls wearing the same dress- a one shoulder structured ball gown!
via
A helpful wedding planning tip: if you want your bridesmaids to all wear different dresses, consider making a collage like the ones above to see how the different styles would look together. It will save yourself some heartache later on down the road!
Wedding flowers:
All white flowers on the tables and for the wedding. So simple and elegant!
via
via

Reception décor: Round tables covered with black matte table cloths covered with textured black table toppers. Black chivari chairs. Gold mercury glass vases with all white flowers. Flowers would be placed on top of stacks of antique books of Shakespeare plays, a different theme for each table. Place cards with calligraphy done in gold. Gold rimmed china. Mismatched silverware and drinking glasses.

via
via 
via
Band or DJ: Tim Tyler
Cake:
via

Food: A cocktail hour followed by a sit down dinner of a fish selection, a steak selection, and a chicken selection, all with green beans and mashed potatoes (our favorites) with other finger foods at serving stations.

Drinks: Open bar

The one thing I wouldn’t change (other than the groom, of course!)? My photographer! Stay tuned tomorrow for some amazing pictures from my most epic day ever, taken by Chelsea Patricia Photography!


*I am still trying to post my second post for the day, but I am having a hard time getting it to post. Sorry about that, but I promise my post tomorrow will make up for it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...