Wednesday, May 8, 2013

30x30 Week 1

I am so excited to debut the first 6 looks in my Spring 30x30 project. It was nowhere near as hard as I thought it would be, although doing hair and makeup is a challenge!
I have decided that the way I will go about these recap posts is to write my thoughts about each outfit after every day. This will allow me to keep track of what items have been worn and document my thoughts before I forget them. That, and I wont have to sit down and write a super long post all at once! So each comment will probably have the word “today” in it, so remember this disclaimer! With that bit of housekeeping aside, here are the first 6 outfits!

Day 1
Awful picture. Awesome outfit!

*Loft lace ¾ sleeve blouse, similar
*Chico’s navy eyelet skirt, similar
*Tan belt (came with a dress), similar
*Corral boots, similar
*Coral drop necklace (gift from mom), similar (looks more orange in the picture, but it is actually a light coral!)

I LOVE this outfit. Of all the times I have seen these pieces together in my closet I NEVER would have thought to pair them in an outfit. But y’all…this outfit is seriously cute! I cant tell you how many compliments I got today from my coworkers. Or maybe its that I normally wear scrubs…lol. No but really…I LOVE this outfit. There is nothing like a little eyelet, lace, and some cowboy boots to make you feel like a southern belle. And today, I did. It was awesome.

Day 2
 



*Loft navy & white striped linen t-shirt, same
*Forever 21 White skirt with blue embroidery (still searching for a similar option)
*Corral boots, similar
*Yellow necklace (so old I have no idea where it came from), similar

Again, I LOVE this outfit. My mom, as she puts it, didn’t quite “get” it, but I really like the way the stripes play off of the horizontal embroidery in the skirt. I would never have thought that stripes would go with a skirt with embroidery, but I think it really works. The boots were a great fit-kind of a western feel with today’s outfit. The yellow necklace added a pop of color to complete the outfit!

Day 3


*Chelsea & Violet (Dillard’s) white lace dress, sort-of-similar
*Tan belt (came with a dress-this dress, actually), similar
*Target blue and white stripe wedges, similar

This is one of my favorite dresses EVER. It is super comfy, and makes it look like I actually tried. I normally wear it with my riding boots, but I wanted to try something different, so I went with the wedges instead. I like the way the wedges add a different spin to the outfit, but I will definitely go back to wearing this dress with my boots.

Day 4

*Gap chambray button-up, similar
*Gumption Gals black and white chevron racer back tank, similar
*Old Navy skinny jeans, similar
*Arturo Chiang riding boots, similar

The weather turned a little chilly this weekend (it’s MAY and I am wearing a JACKET…and I live in FLORIDA…what the crap, y’all!), and I needed something that I could wear to a baseball game. I thought about fudging this day’s outfit, but I decided to compromise-I wore the outfit you see in the picture above but took a sweatshirt for when the weather got cold. Y’all, I know I am getting redundant, but I LOVE this outfit. I love the idea of wearing this tank as a vest, and I think it really works. I was warm, comfy, and felt cute. A winner, for sure!

Day 5

*Loft Neon Green linen skirt, similar
*Loft black and white stripe cap-sleeve top, same
*Tan belt (came with a dress), similar
*Corral boots, similar

I wore this outfit to church with my parents. It is still a little chilly, so I wore the boots when I normally would have worn wedges. But even with that, I think this outfit is super cute. The stripes and neon are SO on trend, and I know I will keep this outfit in rotation even after this challenge!

Day 6


*Laundry (by way of TJ MAXX) khaki trousers, similar
*Gumption Gals black and white chevron racer back tank, similar
*Kenneth Cole Black Lace Blazer, similar
*Gianni Bini leopard print pumps, similar
*Stole the bag from my mom!!

This outfit was the easiest to put together this week. I know I already wore this shirt this week, but I really wanted to wear it again-sue me! This outfit was work appropriate AND cute-and the chevron and the leopard prints mixed together is awesome. Love it!

Check out my co-challengers below!

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE your chevron racer back! And, you are beautiful in the white lace dress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carrie! I chose the tank as an afterthought, but I can already tell I will be wearing it alot :)

      Delete
  2. Love your black and white striped shirt! Great outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first and third outfits. You rocked this first week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS where are you in Florida? I'm from Georgia (living in CT now) and my parents live in Panama City Beach. Florida is my second home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Pensacola-not far from PCB at all!!

      Delete
    2. My brothers are in Pensacola, small world. I love it there, great beaches!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all your outfits!! like please can I have them?! the first 2 days....just awesome..i died a little hahaha!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say you could have them but....then I might be sad. Thanks so much-I really had fun this week!

      Delete
  6. Aw your outfits are all adorable!! Good job on week 1! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your boots and that you wore them with so many different outfits! I also love the dress from day 3....I hope you wear your boots with it for one of the days this month! That chevron tank is super cute too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg - I am in love with that dress from Day 3! Might need to find something similar for my wardrobe now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Jess, I think your dress from day 3 with the boots would be SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all your skirts and dresses!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...