Wednesday, May 15, 2013

1 Bridesmaid's dress, 2 looks


Today, my dear friend Sarah of Sarah in the Suburbs will be taking over my regular "What I Wore Wednesday" post to share about how to repurpose a bridesmaids dress-hers from my wedding, in fact! Sarah and I met our senior year of high school during Junior Miss (or Distinguished Young Women as it is called now) and have been besties ever since! Sarah asked me to stand by her side in her beautiful wedding and she was the Matron of Honor in my wedding! Sarah has a great blog. Please go check her out here and see the most adorable twin girls ever-in the history of the planet. Seriously. So Sarah, without further ado, take it away!
This is my Sarah. She is awesome. Whoever said you cant be a mom and be super fun doesnt know my Sarah :)
*Photo by Chelsea Patricia Photography

Hello Courtney’s blog readers! Thanks to Court for letting me take over her “What I Wore Wednesday” post. I was flattered when Courtney asked me to write a blog post for her about wedding fashion, and I was really excited when she asked me to focus on repurposing my bridesmaids dress from her wedding. Challenge accepted, my friend.

*Photo by Chelsea Patricia Photography
“Oh you know you could always shorten the length and wear it again.”
How many times have you heard that statement in relation to a bridesmaids dress? While we typically agree and move right along (while silently laughing in our heads), I do believe it is actually becoming more and more likely for bridesmaids to wear their wedding day attire again. Wedding fashion is moving away from “the bride should be the prettiest” to “if everyone looks good, my wedding will look good too.”

Courtney, fortunately for me, was one of those amazing brides that gave a lot of thought to what we were going to wear. She wanted her entire wedding to look good, not just her. I think her decision to have a patterned dress for her bridesmaids was a modern choice. I also felt the cut of the dress flattered all of our different body types and helped us all to look our best and complement her on her wedding day. The dress we wore was knee length, had a simple, but fashionable pattern, and was made from comfortable cotton material. All of these factors are key in choosing a dress that your bridesmaids would want to wear again.

Game Day Version: 



Belt: Versona Accessories

Earrings: Handblown glass

Rings: My own

Shoes: Francesca’s Collections

This look was worn by me a few weeks after Courtney’s wedding to the first Auburn game of the season. I changed out the shoes, re-accessorized, and voila! A completely different look that does not say “wedding” at all.

Dressy Version:


Blazer: H&M

Earrings & Necklace: Francesca’s Collections

Rings: My own

Shoes: Target

This look is something you could wear on a date, to a special event, or even to work (if you work in an office where you need to be a little dressier on occasion). This look is edgy and a little bit rock and roll, and the blazer helps pull it together with the necklace as the finishing touch. And who says blue and black don’t go together? Not me! I love to mix it up and break the “rules” when it comes to fashion. Rules are meant to be broken, right?

So as you can see, a bridesmaids dress can be re-worn if done correctly. It’s all about the simple changes, really. Thrown on a blazer and a different pair of shoes or change the accessories and you can have as many new looks as you like!

Thanks again to Courtney for having me on her blog! I had a great time putting together this post. Maybe we can do more in the future, Court? 

Yes, my dear Sarah, yes we can!! Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us- and stay tuned for more projects from the minds of Sarah and Courtney :)

Check back tomorrow for The Wedding Gift Guide!

5 comments:

  1. this dress is so cute! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear..
    It's a very cute dress which anybody would love to buy. I am not married yet but I can imagine myself marrying in a dress like this. It's a very beautiful dress and I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Day I Am So Happy I Found Your Website, I
    Found You By Mistake, While I Was Searching On Aol For
    Something Else, Anyhow I Am Here Now And Would Just Like To Say Many Thanks For
    A Remarkable Post And An All Round Entertaining Blog
    I Don’t Have Time To Read It, All At The Moment But I Have BookMarked It
    And Also Added In Your RSS Feeds, So When I Have Time I Will Be Back To Read More,
    Please Do Keep Up The Fantastic Job. You can also check; http 403 error

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Day I Am So Happy I Found Your Website, I Found You By Mistake, While I Was Searching for something else. Overall mice blog, keep it up. You can also check: best ptc sites with high pay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking for the Top 15 Best Augmented Reality Games For Android & iOS Devices.If you are interested or more some information to watch this site...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...