Monday, January 27, 2014

Grammy Awards 2014 Fashion Review

I hesitated to do a fashion review of the Grammys because the fashion is normally so out there. But this year there was some pretty great fashion, so I decided to give it a go. That being said, I am going to deviate from my normal format and just list the ones I loved and the ones I didn't. I had too difficult of a time picking them in order, so I will just list them as I come to them.

As usual, I will start with the ones I didn't love, and end with the ones that I did.

Make it Stop
Zendaya

I really don't understand this look. Her hair just looks greasy and she looks sloppy. I really love the color and pattern of the skirt, but the material of the top doesn't work with the flowy bottom. She really needs some color on her lips, too. 
 
Madonna in Ralph Lauren
 
Um...when did Madonna become a pimp? She has such a great body that she obviously works hard for-and this does nothing for that. I'm just really confused...
 
Pharrell
Uh...what? Did he really look in the mirror and think he looked cool? This is just plain weird.
 
Nadeea
Besides the fact that I have no clue who she is, this chick is a hot mess. Her hair is a wreck, her makeup is barely there, her tatas are hanging out (and not in a good way), and the shoes are just weird. I do love the color of her dress, but it kind of looks like a prom dress. Not digging it. At all.
 
Paula Patton
Paula, Paula, Paula. What were you thinking?? You are so beautiful...your dress is heinous. I don't have much more to say about that.
 
Kathy Griffin
I normally like what Kathy wears. But this looks like something you'd wear to a pool bar in Cabo. It does nothing for her figure. The color is great and her hair is perfect. But the dress. Bad.

You Almost Made It...
Katy Perry in Valentino
I may be the only one, but I LOVE this dress. When I saw the pictures from the Valentino runway, I KNEW someone would wear this. I think it's pretty and feminine, but still edgy. Her makeup, as usual, is perfect. But I HATE her hair. It is too slicked back and the bun is way too big. You were SO CLOSE, Katy!!
 
More, Please!!
Sarah Hyland in Emilio Pucci




This is such a major improvement over her last couple of awards shows! Her makeup FINALLY looks right, and I love the messy hair. Her dress is pretty and young, and I love the accessories. Well done...FINALLY!!

Colbie Caillat in Ezra Santos
Wowza. This is a great look for her! The color of the dress is perfect and her body looks AMAZING. I think the eye makeup is a tad too heavy, but other than that, she looks great.

Ciara in Pucci
The pregnant women are killing it this awards season. She looks FAB. The dress is a great color on her (one that not many could pull off), and the fit is perfect. Her hair is fresh and pretty and she just truly is glowing.

Chrissy Teigen in Johanna Johnson
Wow. This girl. Holy smokes. She looks perfect. I don't have anything else to say. Everything about this look is perfect.

Anna Kendrick in Azzaro
I LOVE the color of this dress on her. So fresh, and not everyone is wearing it, so she stands out. Her hair and makeup are gorgeous, and I love her clutch. Not crazy about the close-toed shoe. But overall, she looks great.

Pink in Johanna Johnson
Pink looks so lady-like in this dress! The color is great on her and it fits her wonderfully.

Taylor Swift in Gucci
I saved the best for last. I know I said I wasn't ranking, but that's because she blows everyone else out of the water. Wow. Perfect. Perfect. All of it. Love the pony. Love the dress. Love the makeup. Love her. Enough said.


What did you think of the fashion at the Grammys? Do you feel the same way about my choices? Make sure you come back in March after the Oscars-that's where the REAL fun comes in!


(All pictures belong to TVGUIDE.COM. I did not take them, I do not own them. They get all the credit!)



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...