Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Goals

So I havent blogged since my epic Disney week. That was so much fun to think about and put together. I cant wait to go back, but it seems that our trip for September 2014 has been cancelled because of a very expensive souvenir that we brought back-a baby!! That's right, we are expecting a baby in June of this year! We cant wait to be parents, and could not be more excited about the changes to come in our lives! That is also part of why I have been so absent-I was pretty sick for a while and was just so tired that I didnt make writing a priority. Now that I am feeling better (I am 18 weeks today!), I want to get back to what makes me happy-writing! Even if no one else reads it but my mom, I am really looking forward to getting back into this creative outlet. I have worked hard to get organized to start off 2014 on the right foot. I dont really believe in New Years Resolutions, mostly because I can never keep them, but I do make goals for myself. That being said, here are my goals for this blog in 2014.

* I want to commit to writing a blog post 3 times a week. In the past, I have pressured myself to have content ready every day, and I just got burned out and lost the joy in sharing my thoughts and ideas. So this year, 3 times a week is what I want to do. If at any point this starts to pressure me, I reserve the right change my mind!

* I want to work on encouraging other bloggers and building my online community. It has always meant so much when other bloggers have reached out to me, so I want to be that to other women as well.

* I want to do more exciting things to blog about. I cant reasonably expect to write about anything if all I do is laundry and sit on my couch! I want to get out and explore my city more this year. If nothing else, it will make me feel more at home here!

* Ben and I are going to be putting together a series of tutorials on woodworking projects. We are not experts by any means, but we have really enjoyed putting some things together, and excited to document that here on the blog.

* I want to completely revamp my blog this year to make it easier to navigate. I dont know at what point this will come, but is something I would love to do!

* I would LOVE to go to a blog conference this year. This is most likely just a pipe dream as we will be preparing for baby and then I will have a newborn, but it is something I would love to do.

* I want to do more craft projects this year. I love using Pinterest as inspiration, so I want to do one Pinterest project a month. These dont have to be high dollar, crazy projects, but I want to commit to it so that I have to!

* I want to take more pictures this year. I got a new camera for Christmas, and I am so excited to learn how to use it. I know that if I take more pictures, I will have more to blog about!

* I want to catch up on my digital scrapbooks. I love putting them together and I want to share them here on the blog. I hope you like looking at them as much as I enjoy putting them together!

* I am going to take a picture a day in 2014 and share them each week. I have seen other bloggers do this, and it looks like a great way to keep up with the changes in our lives.

* I want to participate in as many link-ups and themed parties as I can. I think that this will give me more things to write about and ideas to inspire my projects!

* I want to work towards co-hosting a link-up and writing a guest post. I dont think I am ready for this yet, but I want to work towards this in 2014.

I know there are more things I want to do, but I think these are great things to start with!

Since it has been so long since I last posted, here are some pictures of my life!

Our first look at Baby Selman!
Mom and I met one of our favorite bloggers at the Chapel Market (Rhoda of Southern Hospitality). 
We watched some Auburn Football with the Alum Club.  
We traveled to watch the Auburn Tigers play the Tennessee Volunteers. We met up with our friends Neil and Sarah.  
I got to see my second parents Jimmy and Carol who moved to Knoxville. 
We love these sweet friends.  
My sweet friend Elyse married Michael, the man of her dreams, in a beautiful outdoor ceremony. 
We watched an incredible Auburn vs. Georgia game at the reception. 

And got to hang out with our besties, Macey and Chad!
And used the opportunity to share our big news via the photo booth!
I decorated a few trees for Christmas.  
And celebrated Thanksgiving twice with my hubby! 
I got a custom hand painted portrait done of our sweet Ellie. 
And snuggled with that sweet girl on more than one occasion. 
I dressed my Diva-Dog in embarrassing yet adorable clothes. 
And made her wear these antlers for Christmas. 
We spend a whole day creating Ben's new tool room. So excited about what will come out of here this year! 

What are your goals for 2014? Do you believe in New Years Resolutions? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...