Friday, February 14, 2014

Thomas' Nursery Inspiration

As many of you may know, I purchased the bedding for Thomas' nursery this week. It was so exciting to finally cross something off the list, and I am so happy with my choice! But before I get to what bedding I chose, I wanted to share some inspiration with you. This next picture started it all. I fell completely in love with everything about this nursery, and helped me make my final decision for the color palette.

Source
I mean. How amazing is this room? I just fell absolutely head over heels for everything in here. Especially that dog print. I cannot deal with how cute that is!! So-color scheme? Navy blue and kelly green with grey walls. I doubt I will use the yellow, but I might use it an a few tiny pieces around the room. I also found what I THINK are the exact curtains, and at $15 for 2 panels, I am going to have to snatch those up!
Source
On to the bedding. Mom and I had planned on making a trip to this huge fabric store in Daphne to get fabric to make all the crib bedding, but I stumbled upon this set from Pottery Barn Kids and it was onsale for a pretty great price, so we snatched it up. I'm happy because it's perfect, and mom is happy because she doesnt have to make the bedding anymore. Win win for all involved.

Source
 
Source

I LOVE this color for accents. I'll show you some places I want to use this later in the post.

Source
I like the pop of green on this changing table. I just dont know if it will be overwhelming in the space.
Source
Ben is building me some built in drawers/shelves (a lot more on those in later posts), and I also like the idea of painting the backs of the shelves green. (I also really love the striped curtains!)
Source
Of course, me being me, I will have to have some striped accessories. Here are some that I've found that I love.

Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Ben is also going to be building the crib. Here are my inspiration pictures for what I want that to look like.

Source
Source
I have my eye on a few other cute accessories, like these.
Source
Source
Source
And a little bit of inspiration for the closet redo.

Source
Source
And just for fun, maybe (depending on how much green is in the room already), doing the closet a kelly green.

Source
This is definitely not an exhaustive list of what I am loving, but I thought it would be fun to give you a peek into what I'm loving right now. Stay tuned for more nursery updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...