Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Oscar Fashion

I'm a day late on this Oscar Fashion review due to technical difficulties, so sorry about that. But here are my thoughts on the fashion from Oscar Sunday!

As usual, I will start with the worst dressed and move on to the best dressed of the night.

Worst Dressed

5. Anna Kendrick in J. Mendel
I just don't understand how she looked in the mirror and thought she looked good. This dress is like 4 bad dresses combined into one really bad dress. The shoes look like they are from David's Bridal and I am honestly not a huge fan of the clutch. Her makeup is pretty, but the hair is kinda sloppy. She can, and HAS done so much better.

4. Anne Hathaway in Gucci

This dress makes her waist/rib cage look super wide. And honestly? I don't think this is dressy enough for the Oscars. Her hair looks good, but the dress is just wrong. It blinded the crap out of me when she was onstage-not cool!

3. Kerry Washington in Jason Wu

Why is Kerry Washington wearing a bed sheet? She even looks like she KNOWS she looks bad in this pic. I don't get what all the fuss is about-I honestly never like what she wears! Her hair is ok-probably looked better before all the rain-but I am not a fan of her dark lipstick, at least with what she is wearing.

2. Elsa Pataky in an ugly green dress
 
Um. Gross. Side boob on a pregger lady? Not.Cool. Her hair and makeup are absolutely gorgeous, but the dress is just bad. It makes her look like her boobs are hanging down to her waist!

1. Pharrell Williams in Lanvin

Why in the you know what is Pharrell shorts? To the Oscars? It is so beyond disrespectful to be that casual at such a formal event. Is it that hard to show up in a tux?

Best Dressed

I have a tie for 5th place. Sue me.

5. Jennifer Lawrence in Dior
I think she looks fab. I love that she wore color, and the dress fits her perfectly. The hair and makeup are flawless. It is a little safe for her, but I guess she is limited in what she can wear since she only wears Dior. Gorgeous, but not her best.

5. Julia Roberts in Givency
I love this dress. And I love her. I wish the top fit a little better-she may have edged JLaw out if it did. Her hair and makeup were my favorite of the night. And her smile just rocks the world. Love it.

4. Sandra Bullock in Alexander McQueen
 
This color is where it's at for Sandy, and it is a personal favorite of mine as well. I love that she is channeling old Hollywood here-she looks like a true movie star. One of her best, I think.

3. Cate Blanchett in Armani
I didn't want to love this dress. But it grew on me. (haha-it has flowers) It is just so elegant and fresh. I am really loving it. Her hair and makeup are great, but those earrings are really what is making the look for me. I LOVE the subtle hint of blue!

2. Kate Hudson in Versace
Holy. Hotness. I mean. WOW. I wish she would have left the cape on all night because it makes the look for me. There isn't much you can say about this look, other than it is flawless!

1. Lupita Nyong'o in Prada

Didn't we all see that one coming? She is absolutely the darling of Hollywood right now, and for good reason. She has yet to step a foot out of bounds on the red carpet this season. I cannot wait to see where her career goes from here! I just love her!!

Who were your favorites and least favorites? Do you agree with my picks or do you think I am way off base?
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...