Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mardi Gras 2013

Laissez les bon temps rouler, y'all! Today is Mardi Gras, or Fat Tuesday, and apparently it is a pretty big deal here on the Gulf Coast. The Mardi Gras parade tradition actually started in the US in Mobile, Alabama, which is about a 45 minute drive from where we live in Pensacola, and the hype down here is unbelievable. In Montgomery, where I am from, Mardi Gras isnt huge, so I never had really experienced it until now. Ben, however, is from Gulf Shores, where they let the kids out of school for Monday and Tuesday for Mardi Gras! That's crazy! So since Ben grew up in this atmosphere, he convinced me that I would love the parades and we decided to make the trip to Mobile this past Sunday for his favorite parade, the Joe Cain Processional. We ended up meeting up with some of his friends from Gulf Shores and had a great time! Here are some pictures from our trip!



The hubs and me before leaving for the parade.

 
Our party krewe! Ben, me, Mary, and Brittany.
 
Ben and me with the bear he caught! (And yes, I am wearing a poncho. It was pouring!!)

These beads are just from the first parade!! It was crazy!!

I have to get better at taking more pictures-it was so entertaining and I wish I could show you all the craziness!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...